As image editors, we love photography and photographers. The success of TradeXcel Graphics’ image processing and clipping path service is due largely to the rich history of, and continued modern advancements in the field of photography.
These days, we’re all taking pictures — with our iPhones, iPads and our Nikons. But there was once a less-photographed time, a time during which the general consensus was: Cameras steal your soul.
If you’re looking for 10 interesting facts about Photography, look no further than this guide. Let’s dive in:
- Travelling back in 1820, the vintage cameras required several hours to take a shot. Quite interesting, isn’t it? Thanks to the advanced technology.Photographing was not so easy as it is in these days. Due to the long hours for exposure, a Photograph with a lovely smile was way far difficult to capture in a film.
- And the first selfie was ever clicked is more than 175 years old! A chemist named Robert Cornelius from Philadelphia snapped his stiffed portrait in 1839.Having set up the back part of this photography enthusiast’s camera in his family store, he clicked the selfie.
- A collector in Mumbai, Dilish Parekh, has acquired 4,425 antique cameras since purchasing his first in 1977. The oldest camera in Parekh’s collection dates back to 1907.
- Esteban Pastorino Diaz was the creator of the world’s longest Photographic negative of about 129-ft. The panoramic beauty of the major streets in Buenos Aires was captured in a frame.
- Can you guess how much does the world’s biggest Single-Lens Reflex camera weigh? The Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* has come equipped with the biggest SLR lens with 1700mm focal length till date weighing in at 256kg or 564lbs.
- More than 250 million pictures are uploaded every single day on Facebook.
- Since the introduction of the device, humans have taken more than 3.8 trillion photographs.
- In just 2 minutes time, more pictures are taken than during the entirety of the 19th century.
- 37% of all photos were captured in 2012 and all the shots were taken usingcamera phones. By this time next year, it’s anticipated that that number will exceed by 50%.
- In 2011, a survey commenced that 76% of the British were tagged in a Photo in which they were found drunk. The reason maybe they were celebrating events like trivia nights.
So, here I conclude the article 10 interesting facts about photography for now.
Are you still looking for more funny interesting facts, and stories?
Here I will include a few more fun facts about Photography stories and history. I’ve learned a lot while writing the article.
These pieces of information gave me to have an acumen of knowing some fun interesting facts about Photography.
I’ve collected most of them from their original websites, which I haven’t linked here.
I’ve hooked some of them onto this article.
- The first man to be photographed, in 1838, was having his shoes shined in Paris. Louis Daguerre captured the Photograph in which a human is happened to stand moderately during the shot.
- The creation of the first color photograph is credited to Scottish physicist James Clerk Maxwell. The year was 1861.Maxwell thrice photographed a tartan ribbon, and each time used a different color filter: red, blue, and yellow. He then combined all three images to form the final color composite.Pretty cool, huh?
- Introduced in the year 1900 by Eastman Kodak, the Brownie was one of the first cameras produced for commercial, individual sale. The casing was a cardboard box; the lens was simple, and the whole contraption cost $1 only.
- Do you know the name of the world’s most viewed Photograph?Charles O’Rear captured a countryside image which has been used as the default background of Windows XP.This mostly viewed Photograph is known as the Bliss.
- And how much does the most expensive camera cost in your opinion? The rare Leica 0-Series camera went for $2.8-million or about €2.16-million at the WestLicht Photographica auction in Vienna.This revolutionary 1923 prototype was the successful 35mm compact size camera had been used for commercial purposes for the very first time.
- French Photographer Nicéphore Niépce took the world’s first photograph, which he aptly titled View from The Window at Le Gras. A heliographic image shows parts of his estate from the window with the surrounding landscape.
- Exposure time has dramatically improved since 1826. The exposure time was annoyingly long for 8 hours!
- Camera on Mobile Phone? What an idea?Whether or not, be it SGH-V200 by Samsung or J-SH04 by Sharp, let’s not get embroiled in controversy. Both of the models came in the year 2000.And the rest? History!
- Human eyes often look around some images which look better and appear attractive through their own eyes. Among many factors, the f-number is one that processes information based on how the eyes take it in.Under very bright light, this factor varies from about f/8.3 to somewhere around f/2.1 in the dark.
- Facebook’s catalog of photos contains nearly about 140 billion images which is roughly 10k times more than the Library of Congress in the US.
- You really do have a good side! According to a study conducted by researchers at Wake Forest University, our faces affect more emotion on the left side than on the right, a display that others understand as more pleasant.
So, when you want to really work it, consider to the left.
That’s all about the funny interesting facts along with our list of 10 interesting facts about photography. I wish you’ve had an interesting read.